Thursday 20 March 2008

I haven't the foggiest

Just to continue proving that I am alive, two news stories that have just caught my eye on the good old BBC website.

Firstly, proof that I'm growing older, with the news of the death of one of the quiet men of comedy, Brian Wilde, aka Foggy. For several years while I was at primary school I fondly remember The Last of The Summer Wine not for it's content, but simply for its name - the programme to be in bed by on a Saturday (or was it Sunday?) evening. Not the worst way in the world to go though, by any means.

And the second? Well, it would appear that a crematorium is set to offer podcasts of funeral services. Given that many crem funerals are at best uninspiring (a bit like most crematoria themselves) I can't really see such a massive market for 'virtual funerals.' And more to the point, are minister's fees inclusive of Performing Rights (or should that be performing rites?) After all it's frustrating enough to know that the organist's fee exceeds the minister's already....

Ho hum. Back to work.

No comments: