Monday 19 November 2007

Do they mean me?

Went to a very worthwhile "Bishops' day for Clergy" today - the EMUT one, not the Small University City one. I had a New Incumbents Induction thing last week (I may have commented on it) at which I expressed mild concern about appearing to be the youngest there. So today I was very politely asked my age by the DDO (Diocesan Director of Ordinands, I you must know)... which I did - after all it may be impolite to ask a lady her age, but it may also be impolite to refuse when asked!

Her response was one of near-delight. Something like "O good, we may have to have a talk..."

It turns out that I could help in their drive to scare-off, sorry, to recruit "young ordinands." I do not think of myself as "young" - but the diocese apparently do. "Anyone under 45."

Oh deary, deary me....

No comments: